- This event has passed.
Summer Lecture Series (University of Delaware), and Social (Deer Park Tavern)
July 15, 2015 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Please join us for the DPTA Summer Lecture Series, July 15, 6-8pm at the University of Delaware. A social at The Deer Park Tavern will occur directly after the lecture. We hope you will be able to join us!
Topic: Ethics for Everyday Practice
Time: 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Lecture Location: University of Delaware, Willard Hall 006 and 007 (16 West Main Street Newark, DE 19716)
Social Location: The Deer Park Tavern (next door to the University)
CEU: 0.2 CEUs (2.0 Contact Hours) certificates will be awarded to you electronically 2 weeks after the course.
Registration fees: Members – FREE; Nonmembers – $45
Ethical issues are often perceived as something that isn’t encountered on an everyday basis. However, there are real world examples that can happen every day! Join us for a discussion of ethical dilemmas you might see on the spectrum of physical therapy practice and how you can utilize a decision making plan when these occur.
By the end of this presentation the learner will be able to:
- Discuss the ethical principles in health care
- Analyze case and professional examples for ethical dilemmas in everyday clinical practice
- Choose a workable model for ethical decision making when the situation occurs
Please see below for a copy of the course brochure and registration form.
Presenter: Cathy Ciolek, PT, DPT, GCS is an assistant professor and director of clinical education at the University of Delaware Department of Physical Therapy. She received her Bachelors of Science in Physical Therapy from Ithaca College and her DPT from AT Still University, Arizona School of Health Sciences. Dr. Ciolek has been board certified as a Geriatric Clinical Specialist since 1996. She currently serves as the Ethics and Judicial Committee chair for the Delaware Physical Therapy Association.
You may register for this event in 1 of 2 ways:
- Online: Please visit our EventBrite registration page to register online. You will not incur a registration fee if you register online.
- Via mail: Please make checks payable the Delaware Physical Therapy Association and mail with a copy of the registration form (linked below) to DPTA 1055 North Fairfax Street, Suite 205, Alexandria, VA 22314. To protect your privacy, we CANNOT accept credit card information via fax, email, or postal mail.2015 DPTA Summer Lecture Series Brochure and Registration form