Did you know that each state chapter of APTA is assigned a Core Ambassador? Core Ambassadors (CAs) are the primary links between students in each state and the Student Assembly Board of Directors (SABoD).
The purpose of the Core Ambassador position is to work with the Student Assembly Board of Directors (SABod) of the American Physical Therapy Association to promote awareness and advocacy of the physical therapy profession.
Current Officers for Delaware: Travis Fisher (University of Delaware), Rachel Lins (University of Delaware). The term is one year in length, running from NEXT conference to NEXT conference.
- Maintain the “Loop Link” for the state of Delaware, which includes establishing and maintaining communication with the SABoD, state chapter representatives, and program contacts.
- Complete 1-3 APTA projects/presentations during term.
- Volunteer time at the Student Assembly booth when attending Combined Sections Meeting, APTA Conference, and/or National Student Conclave.
- Select, mentor, and assist the SABoD with the transition of a successor for the Core Ambassador position three months prior to NEXT Conference.
- Introduction to Physical Therapy Profession presentation at local high school.
- Physical Therapy Awareness booth at the Family Fun Day event held at the University of Delaware.
- Continual promotion of advocacy for emergent legislative actions.
The DE Core Ambassadors will be periodically sharing updates with DPTA about their latest initiatives. We hope that you will support your colleagues in their efforts to promote awareness and advocacy of your profession.