- This event has passed.
Ethics for Clinical Practice
July 28 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$50.00
Speaker: Cathy Ciolek, PT, DPT, GCS, President, Living Well With Dementia, LLC, Wilmington, DE
Course Objectives: By the end of this presentation the learner will be able to:
- Discuss the ethical principles in health care
- Analyze case and professional examples for ethical dilemmas in everyday clinical practice
- Given scenarios, develop scripts for discussing ethical concerns with appropriate parties.
Course Description: Ethical issues are often perceived as something that isn’t encountered on an everyday basis. However, there are real world examples that can happen every day! Join us for a discussion of ethical dilemmas you might see on the spectrum of physical therapy practice and how you can utilize a decision-making plan when these occur.
- 0-15 minutes- evolution of ethics and components
- 16-30 minutes- APTA Code of Ethics and Standard of Ethical Conduct for the Physical Therapist Assistant
- 30-60 minutes- ethical principles in healthcare
- 60-70 minutes- models for ethical decision making
- 70-85 minutes- how to develop your ethical “muscle memory”
- 85-105 minutes- case application and group practice
- 105-120 minutes- question and answer/wrap up