The following message contains information regarding second doses; please read all information carefully.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has partnered with DPH to hold drive-thru COVID-19 vaccination sites for six days beginning Saturday, February 20, 2021.
These second-dose appointments will only be available for those who received a first dose from the Division of Public Health at one of the following events:
- Dover DMV on January 16th through January 18th
- Salesianum (Sallies) School in Wilmington on January 18th
- Delaware City DMV on January 22nd through 24th
- Georgetown DMV on January 23rd and January 24th
Both the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines will be provided to those that have received their first dose at these locations.
Second dose appointments for the FEMA vaccination events will open on Wednesday, 02/17 at 11am at de.gov/fema.
To make an appointment for the Dover Speedway clinic, an individual will have to indicate the location and date of the DPH first dose event they attended from the list above. Individuals will have an option to create an appointment for someone else after they create their own, and will be able to have a single email tied to multiple appointments. Everyone who arrives to be vaccinated must have an appointment, and those without an appointment will be turned away.
Vaccinations will occur between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. each day, scheduled in 15-minute increments. Initially, DPH will initially schedule appointments for the first five days (Feb. 20-24) and will open the sixth day as needed.
Visitors can access the vaccination site via Dover International Speedway’s Leipsic Road entrance. To reduce waiting, those with appointments will be urged not to show up more than an hour early. Just in case, those arriving at the site need to ensure:
- You enter the Speedway grounds via 1000 Leipsic Road, not the main entrance from Route 13.
- Your vehicle has a full tank of gas.
- You have personal identification (a driver’s licenses or photo ID).
- Proof of first COVID-19 vaccination (vaccination card).
- Confirmation of your appointment.
- Snacks to enjoy while waiting in line.
Please visit https://coronavirus.delaware.gov/vaccine/second-dose/ for additional information.
Delaware Vaccine Coordination Unit
Division of Public Health