APTA Delaware President, Stephen V. Rapposelli, PT, OCS
I am introducing myself to you formally via this email as your new President of APTA DE. I, and the rest of the Board, have many things planned for the membership in 2021, which seems like a great way to say goodbye to 2020!
I plan on sending out these messages on regular intervals to keep you informed on what is happening in Delaware that is important to PTs and PTAs.
I will be sending you a short survey soon to ask you a few questions about how I can serve you. Please take a few minutes to fill it out. I will be reading each one and use your responses as a guide to how the Association will serve you.
There are many things to be proud of as a PT/PTA in Delaware, and there are many opportunities to strengthen our ties to the citizens of Delaware and your patients that you serve.
As we navigate through these challenging times, I am asking you to help me and the APTA Delaware.
- Volunteer to be on a committee. You can email me directly at .
- If your employer does not cover your APTA DE dues, ask them to start.
- Ask someone to join.
- Call your legislator. (I can hear you groaning). Few people enthusiastically embrace this, but consider it a deposit into a bank account. This bank account will gain interest, and you will be able to draw on it in the future. You see, legislators control how you do your job in this state. They pass laws which can hurt you or benefit you, and sometimes they don’t know the difference. Like it or not, that is how it works on this planet. Believe me when I tell you, if you live in a legislator’s district, they want to know you, and you want to know them. You don’t have to ask anything of them (yet), you just need to email or call them (If you need their number – let me know) and introduce yourself as one of their constituents. We need to build a stronger network of PTs and PTAs who can influence legislators so that we can continue to serve our patients and customers as we were taught.
- Participate in meetings and continuing education opportunities coming soon. We are planning for regular, short, distant learning opportunities on a monthly basis. We want to make it easy for you to earn your credits. (we like planning ahead!)
- As one of the MANY benefits of belonging, please feel free to use the attached coupon for a discount for CPR certification, if you still need it!
- Our future colleagues at UD would like to assemble a contact resource guide for their class so that the students can reach out to you for mentorship opportunities. Elle Grove, SPT, created a survey. Please take a minute to fill it out so that we can foster a stronger relationship with these bright young people!
Even though I have very big shoes to fill from your past presidents, with YOUR help (and involvement), 2021 will be your best year ever!